20070903 post burning man

We got back yesterday afternoon yesterday, rolled into Vegas in the Sunseeker RV, dust from the Black Rock Desert still flying from the caked rig we lived in for a week. I've been back a little more than 12 hours and I get it now. I understand why people flock to Burning Man year after year, they plan, make art and crafts the whole year and keep in touch with burner friends.

I'm decompressing after sleeping around 12 hours total in seven days and working non-stop, though my time-card will read 40 hours. I was there with reporters Patrick Coolican and Kristen Peterson and multimedia producer Zach Wise covering the event for the paper....the first time any southern Nevada media has done so, though hard to believe.

We blogged and made videos and photo galleries and spent hours upon hours in the RV trying to get a signal to transmit. We did what we could, painstakenly, from there and will post LOTS more in the next week. Tyson Evans built a site for our team coverage, it is here: http://blogs.lasvegassun.com/burningman/

I am in a bit of a daze trying to process the experience. I slept more last night than I did the last week. It was strange to wake up this morning alone in my apartment. It's quiet. I won't put on sunscreen and funny clothes and grab my camera and my bike and go exploring around the playa wearing ski goggles and a bandana around my face for the dust. There will be no mutant fly, two story birthday cake or two story-dragon vehicles shooting propane flames into the sky and blaring music across the dried lake-bed as the sun goes down tonight and I will most likely not be awake when the sun comes up tomorrow.

Many more will be posted soon, but so T.Boyd and others don't remove links thinking I am dead or hung up the camera, here are a few from our first white-out dust storm:









3 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Tiffany.

I love your images from Burningman. I would love to go someday. How was it?

Nice job on the photos. Always enjoy your work.

ash

8:39 PM  
Blogger Chris Detrick said...

Cool stuff. The swing photo is killer. Have you cleaned out all of the sand from yourself and gear?

8:49 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Brown said...

hey there you utah sweeties...thanks for the kind words. burning man was amazing and i will gladly tell you all about it on the lift between runs this winter! ;-)

my gear is actually in way better shape than i had expected though i am shipping it all off to cps just to be safe.

t.brown

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home